Mobile Users Are Searching and Buying!
As of May 2013, 63% of adult cell phone owners used their phones to go online.
Source: Mobile Technology Fact Sheet Pew Research Center
- The majority of people who used their phone to search for prices ended up purchasing the product at that very store.
- Women are more likely to use their cell phones to search for products, reviews and call for a second opinion when shopping.
- Customers between the ages of 30-49 are more likely to search for prices and ask for advice, while 18-29 year old customers are more likely to search for reviews.
- Education level doesn’t affect how customers use their cell phone while shopping.
- Democrats and Independents use their cell phones more than Republicans when shopping.
Highcharts was used to create the above charts.